Woo hoo, 2013! This is the year I run a marathon, or maybe a turkey trot. Do you think we’ll each get our own turkey, or do we all chase the same one?
I’ve been running with my running partner and best friend. I’m also watching my diet:
- 3 level scoops (3/4 c) Blue Buffalo dry dog food
- 10 ounces water (charcoal filtered)
- 3 blueberry waffles (Trader Joe’s)
- 4 slices buttered toast (crusts only)
- water (standing, lawn runoff, green, approx. 6 ounces)
- 4 ounces animal excrement (cat? wild-sourced)
- 2 slices pizza (cheese, Little Caesar’s $5 “hot ‘n’ ready”)
- 1 doll limb (Barbie, arm)
- 1 tree branch (Sycamore?)
- 4 level scoops (1 c) Blue Buffalo dry dog food
- 3 ounces vanilla soymilk
- 5 large Milk Bones and 11 mini (“toy breed size”) Milk Bones
- 3 T. peanut butter (chunky)
I think I need to switch to Blue Buffalo “Wild” because it’s more Paleo. My body IS my temple after all.
I’ve been watching Downton Abbey. I stood up and cheered when Lord Grantham told Isobel in no uncertain terms that Isis is allowed everywhere at Downton even when it’s a wartime convalescent hospital. And the scene where Isis eats a pancake! (Not a “crepe.” What is she, a French poodle?) I hope the cute blonde who plays Isis got to do a bunch of retakes and eat a whole stack of pancakes.
That moment when someone at the dog park says, “Sit,” and you and nine other dogs sit, and you don’t even know why. #thingsthatmakeyougohmmm
Getting diagnosed with “poodle eye,” and you’re not even a poodle. #myfacewassored
That time at your girlfriend’s house when you refused to do anything but play with her favorite toys for 13 hours and you destroy an entire basket of them #bestdayever
So anyway, Diary, this year is off to a pretty good start. We had some relatives over on New Year’s Day and they brought a toddler. My favorite type of person! They smell delicious and you can usually lick ketchup or butter and pancake syrup off of them. Also a toddler walking around with half a bagel with cream cheese on it in his chunky little hand? I must have eaten a dozen bagels. ”A moment on the lips….” But it was so worth it.